A blog dedicated to my opinion on books

Friday, May 5, 2017

"Death By Petticoat: American History Myths Debunked" by Mary Miley Theobald

Title: Death by Petticoat: American History Myths Debunked
Author: Mary Miley Theobald
Publisher: Andrew McMeel Publishing
Year: 2012
Genre(s):  non-fiction, history

Part of a Series: No
Rating: 






Why I read it: I saw it in Colonial Williamsburg and the history geek in me needed to have it.

Summary: Several myths repeated by history teachers and museum docents are debunked.

Review: I’m a history nerd. So when I saw this book in Colonial Williamsburg, I knew I had to read it.

It was laid out in an easy to read way, each myth listed off. Ms. Theobald then provides historical and scientific evidence to refute each one. There were a few myths I was guilty of repeating as a docent and now I know better. Ms. Theobald also included pictures, which gave glimpses of the past.

Bottom line: A good read for history lovers. Especially if you either teach American history or volunteer/work as a docent.

Sex: Nope. Maybe we’ll get a book debunking XXX-rated myths in the future.

Moonlight Musing

Have you ever told something as fact and then learned it wasn’t true? 

No comments:

Post a Comment