A blog dedicated to my opinion on books

Friday, May 24, 2024

Resurrecting More Reviews

I’m getting closer to starting new reviews soon. But I’ve been on vacation since my last post so I knew I wouldn’t have time even if I did finish a book by then.

So I’m going to highlight some more reviews I published over a decade ago now for you to enjoy.

This time I’m going to do a trilogy written by Pamela Aidan. They tell the story of Pride and Prejudice but from Darcy’s perspective rather than Elizabeth’s.

Check them out under the cut!

An Assembly Such as This: Ever read Pride and Prejudice and wondered what Mr. Darcy was thinking? Pamela Aidan provides her take on literature’s most enduring leading man. This book deals with Darcy arriving with Bingley at Netherfield and meeting Elizabeth Bennett. He grows fonder of her but still has his own prejudices to overcome.

Duty and Desire: Darcy has left Netherfield and he goes to London. There he runs into some of his other friends and spends his time at various parties. Many mothers try to shove their daughters in his direction, but he is still bespotted with Elizabeth. Darcy tries to navigate London society without ending up engaged to someone as an old friend brings some danger into his life…

These Three Remain: Fitzwilliam Darcy goes to visit his Aunt Catherine and is reunited with Elizabeth Bennett. His first proposal goes horribly wrong and sends him on a deep introspective. As he helps his friend, Darcy also takes steps to correct himself and make himself worthy of Miss Elizabeth Bennett. But will he ever get a second chance in order to prove it to her?

I hope again you enjoy these reviews and maybe check out the books.

See you all again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment