A blog dedicated to my opinion on books

Friday, September 27, 2024

Review Rewind: “Baker’s Dozen” by Allison Fuller

Since it’s fall, I thought I would look back to one of my favorite fall books – “Baker’s Dozen.”

Full disclosure – I do know Allison personally, so you can judge for yourself if I was able to give a fair review. This book also started as a fanfic for the Outlaw Queen (Robin Hood/Regina Mills) pairing in the Once Upon a Time fandom but Allison didn’t just change the names. You can understand the story just fine without understanding the show or the Outlaw Queen story on it.

You may also recognize the title as I mentioned it in my post about stories set in New York. This one takes place mostly within a few blocks in Lower Manhattan and really captures the spirit of the city as autumn descends on the city and then slowly changes to winter as the holidays approach.


Here is the summary I wrote about the book in my review:

Victoria Mason runs a thriving Manhattan bakery called Forbidden Fruit. She has a dedicated staff, a loving son and a best friend helping her raise said son. The only thing missing in her life is romance. But the handsome professor who comes into her shop each weekday at 8:15 AM might just change all of that. As the year starts to wind down, Victoria finds her love life starting up again.

You can read my original review here.

I hope you enjoy it and do give the book a try. It’s a great read.

And happy fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment